Buttermilk Popsicles – Beat the heat in an interesting way with these spiced buttermilk popsicles.
Surprise your family with these simple-to-make buttermilk popsicles ! If you are desperate for popsicles but not anything sweet, these popsicles could be a great choice. You can have as many as you want – after all, they are just frozen spiced buttermilk.
I am sure many of us would have made simple popsicles in our childhood days. My cousins and I have tried making popsicles in our grandparents’ home during summer vacation. We mix milk and sugar to make paal ice (milk popsicles). As I do not prefer sweet, I always freeze buttermilk which is made regularly in our home during summer. Those simple popsicles which I made as a kid has evolved into these spiced buttermilk popsicles which I am sharing today in this post. This popsicle is one of the best thirst-quenchers. Beat the heat in an interesting way with these buttermilk popsicles !
Buttermilk Popsicles Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Popsicles
Makes : 8
Preparation Time : 10 min + 2 hrs for freezing
Click below to watch the video.
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1 cup Thick Curd
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2″ piece Ginger
- 1/2 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- Salt as required
1. Crush ginger and green chilli together.
2. Beat the curd well to break down the lumps. You may whip the curd in the mixer grinder for 3-4 seconds.
3. Mix beaten curd and water in a bowl.
4. Add some buttermilk to crushed ginger + green chilli and mix well.
5. Strain this mixture and add to the buttermilk.
6. Add asafoetida, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything well.
7. Pour this spiced buttermilk into popsicle mould and cover with the lid.
8. If you want to use wooden popsicle stick, freeze the popsicles till it is half-set. Remove the lid and insert wooden popsicle stick.
9. Freeze till set.
10. Keep the popsicle mould under running tap water for 20-30 seconds so that they could be taken out easily. Pop them out of the mould and enjoy!