Butternut Squash Soup – A rich, delicious, mildly sweet and silky-smooth soup made with butternut squash, onions and garlic.
It is raining here! The time has arrived for making soups 🙂 This soup made with butternut squash has a rich flavor and a silky-smooth texture. It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. This butternut squash soup recipe calls for only a few ingredients and it is very simple to make. The soup had a beautiful golden yellow colour just before adding the fine pepper powder. As I wanted the soup to be extra spicy, I added generously. That was the reason for the change in colour. This mildly sweet soup is also perfect to make a hearty meal alongside toasted bread. Try this rich, delicious, mildly sweet butternut squash soup and I hope you will definitely love the silky-smooth texture!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
Cuisine : Global
Category : Soups
Makes : 4-5 servings
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 15-20 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1 medium size Butternut Squash or 4 cups Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Butter or Oil
- Salt as required
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- Mint Leaves for garnishing (optional)
1. Peel and halve the butternut squash. Remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
2. Heat butter/oil in a pressure cooker. Add the sliced onions and garlic. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the cubed butternut squash. Sprinkle some salt and fry for a minute.
4. Pour 2 cups of water and pressure cook till 2 whistles. Switch off the stove and wait for the pressure to release.
5. Strain the water and reserve. Blend the vegetables to a smooth puree.
6. Add the vegetable puree, reserved water, salt and pepper powder to the same pressure cooker base. Mix everything well. Switch off the flame once the soup is hot (need not boil). Garnish with mint leaves and serve this healthy butternut squash soup with toasted bread.