Cauliflower Pepper Fry – An easy cauliflower recipe that is spiced up with pepper and makes a delicious accompaniment to rice.
Cauliflower Pepper Fry is a spicy dish that tastes awesome with rice and any curry. This recipe calls for only a few ingredients that are easily available. With onions, green chillies, cauliflower and pepper as the main ingredients, the outcome is a peppery and perfectly cooked cauliflower florets that taste really good! Read on to learn how to make this simply delicious Cauliflower Pepper Fry.
Cauliflower Pepper Fry Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Side dish for rice
Makes : 3 servings
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 25-30 min
- 1 medium Cauliflower
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies, slit
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and clean them well in hot water.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and let it splutter. Add urad dal and fry till it starts changing colour.
3. Add chopped onions, slit green chillies and curry leaves. Sprinkle salt and saute till they become translucent.
4. Now add the cauliflower florets and sprinkle salt to taste. Saute till they are cooked. Sprinkle water in between if the veggies become too dry.
5. Add pepper powder once the cauliflower is cooked.
6. Mix well and saute for 2 more min. Enjoy this delicious cauliflower pepper fry with steamed rice and rasam!