Chilli Cheese Uthappam – Uthappam topped with grated cheese, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and pepper powder.
Uthappam is a south indian breakfast that is usually like a thick dosa and with/without toppings. It is served with sambar and varieties of chutney. This is a cheesy twist to the regular uthappam. Chilli cheese sandwich is one of my favourites which I used to eat often in our office canteen. Even after picking up all the green chillies out before eating, the flavor of the green chillies still remains in the sandwich. I wanted to try the combination of these ingredients as a toppping for uthappam. I got a chance to try this yesterday and it was really delicious. I served this chilli cheese uthappam with sambar and mint chutney. It tastes excellent even without any accompaniments on the side. Try this chilli cheese uthappam and let me know how it turned out for you.
Chilli Cheese Uthappam Recipe:
Cuisine : South Indian – Tamilnadu
Category : Breakfast / Dinner
Makes : 6
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 3-4 min for 1 uthappam
1 cup : 240 ml
- 2 cups Dosa Batter
- 1/2 cup Grated Mozarella Cheese
- 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 3 sprigs Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Pepper Powder as required
- Salt as required
- Oil for greasing the pan
1. Ladle some dosa batter onto a hot and greased dosa pan.
2. Spread the batter slightly to make thick uthappam. Reduce the flame.
3. Sprinkle some grated cheese, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and pepper powder on top.
4. Cover and cook over low flame till the cheese melts. Serve this delicious chilli cheese uthappam hot and enjoy!