Coconut Coriander Chapati – A delicious chapati with tiny bits of grated coconut and wonderful flavor of coriander leaves, ajwain and butter.
Fresh coconut and coriander leaves have a lot of health benefits. It is good to include them in everyday cooking. I succeeded in this attempt to bring the goodness of these two ingredients together in chapati 🙂 Coconut coriander chapati is truly delicious with tiny bits of grated coconut. It is spiced up with ginger and green chillies. Fresh coriander leaves and ajwain enhance the flavor of this chapati. Ajwain releases an appetizing aroma when cooked in butter. So use butter if possible. Oil may be used instead of butter for cooking these chapatis. Serve these yummy chapatis with any gravy or dal of your choice !
Coconut Coriander Chapati Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Breakfast / Dinner
Makes : 11-12
Preparation Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 2-3 min for 1 chapati
1 cup : 240 ml
- 2 & 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain (Omam)
- 1″ piece Ginger
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
- Oil / Butter for cooking
1. Crush ginger and green chilli together.
2. Take whole wheat flour, grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves, ajwain, crushed ginger + green chilli, oil and salt in a wide bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients without adding water.
4. Now add water little by little and knead to make a smooth dough.
5. Cover the bowl and keep it aside for 20 min.
6. Knead the dough again for a minute. Make balls of equal size.
7. Dust the balls in wheat flour and roll out to make chapati.
8. Cook both sides on a hot, greased tawa by applying oil or butter. The ajwain releases an appetizing aroma when cooked in butter. So use butter if possible. A delicious chapati with tiny bits of grated coconut and wonderful flavor of coriander leaves, ajwain, butter is ready to be served!