If you have been eating a lot, all you need is a light yet filling meal for dinner. This roti flavoured with ajwain (omam) and fresh coriander leaves can be perfect for that. This is a healthy twist to the regular rotis. Ajwain releases a wonderful appetizing aroma when cooked in ghee. If you are concerned about calories, you can use oil instead of ghee. Ajwain and coriander aid in digestion and make you feel comfortable. Serve this healthy Coriander Ajwain Roti with any raita of your choice and enjoy a light yet satisfying dinner!
Coriander Ajwain Roti Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Breakfast/Dinner
Makes : 5
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain (Omam)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Curd
- Salt as required
How to make Coriander Ajwain Roti?
1. Take wheat flour, ajwain, chopped coriander leaves, curd and salt in a bowl. Mix well without adding water. The water content of the coriander leaves and curd will bind up everything to form crumbles.
2. Now add water little by little and knead well to make a soft dough.
3. Make balls of equal size and roll out into rotis.
4. Heat a tawa and cook both sides by applying ghee/oil. Coriander Ajwain Roti is ready to be served!
- Serve with any spicy gravy and raita of your choice.
- Roll up with salad or any dry vegetable curry and pack for lunch.