Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins – Soft and moist eggless apple cinnamon muffins made with whole wheat flour and rice flour.
I wanted to try a muffin with rice flour ever since I saw Blueberry Rice Muffins recipe from Cooking on the Side. I adapted the recipe of Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins by Tarla Dalal and tweaked it to include rice flour. I used both whole wheat flour and rice flour to make these muffins. I was eagerly waiting to know how the dish would turn out and I am pretty happy with the result.
The muffins were soft and moist with the goodness of whole wheat flour and rice flour. The presence of rice flour could be felt easily and I expected this. The taste was somewhere between wheat flour muffins and rice cakes but I loved it! Here goes the recipe of Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins using whole wheat flour and rice flour!
Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Dessert
Makes : 5
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 20-25 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped Apples
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 4 tbsp Water
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 pinches of Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 5 Raisins, chopped
- A few pieces of Apple
1. Heat sugar and 1/4 cup water in a pan for 2 min and switch off the flame. Let the sugar dissolve.
2. Mix the dissolved sugar solution, vegetable oil, lemon juice and vanilla essence in a bowl.
3. Sift the whole wheat flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
4. Add the sifted flour to the oil mixture and add the remaining water (I used 4 tbsp. Adjust the quantity according to your flour). Mix gently without any lumps.
5. Finally, add the chopped apple and mix gently.
6. Line a muffin pan. Fill 3/4th of each cup with the batter.
7. Garnish with apple pieces and chopped raisins. This step is optional.
8. Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
9. Bake the muffins for 20 min or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It took 23 min for me. Serve the soft, moist and delicious eggless apple cinnamon muffins as a snack for your kids!