Fruit Ball Salad – Fruit balls with a dressing of honey, lemon juice, mint leaves and watermelon juice.
This fruit ball salad is an amazing way to serve fruits on special occasions and it is absolutely refreshing & healthy. The fantastic natural flavors of different fruits come together in a single bowl with a dressing of honey, lemon juice, mint leaves and juice oozed from watermelon pieces. The fruit balls may also be served as such without any dressing.
I have come across melon ball salad on the internet several times. I have always been fascinated by the tiny balls of fruits. Any fruit that is easy to scoop out may be used. You can scoop out the fruits using a melon baller that is available in the market. Any other suitable spoon may be used. I used my measuring spoon to scoop out the fruits. Select fresh and firm fruits that are easy to scoop. I have used watermelon, honeydew melon and papaya. You may include any fruit of your choice.
The salad may be served immediately or after refrigeration. Serve this fruit ball salad with vanilla icecream to make any occasion extra special 🙂
Fruit Ball Salad Recipe:
Cuisine : Global
Category : Salad
Makes : 4 servings
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 5 min
Click below to watch the video.
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1/4th of a medium size Watermelon
- Half of a medium size Papaya
- 1/4th of a medium size Honeydew Melon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Watermelon Juice
1. Scoop out the flesh of watermelon, papaya and honeydew melon with a melon baller (I used my measuring spoon to scoop the fruit flesh).
2. Combine honey, lemon juice, chopped mint leaves and watermelon juice in a bowl.
3. Pour this over the fruit balls and mix carefully.
4. Serve immediately or after refrigerating for 20-30 min.