Gobi Matar Sabzi – Cauliflower and green peas are cooked with freshly ground spices to make a perfect side dish for rice or rotis.
Gobi Matar Sabzi is a dry curry that can be served with rice or rotis. It is prepared using freshly ground spices that give a fresh aroma and a special taste to this sabzi. You can make changes to the ingredients required for masala but make sure to saute them well to get rid of the raw smell completely. For a healthier version, steam the vegetables and reduce the oil. Serve with rotis along with any raita for a light dinner.
Here are some recipes of dishes that go well with rotis.
Before about 1700, it was customary for people of European descent to bring their own spoons to the table. Spoons were carried as personal property in much the same way as people today carry wallets, key rings, etc. – Source : Wikipedia
Gobi Matar Sabzi Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Side dish for rice/roti
Makes : 4 servings
Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1 medium size Cauliflower, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 2 medium size Onions, sliced
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2″ stick Cinnamon
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Clove
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1″ piece Ginger
- 5 cloves Garlic
1. Powder all the ingredients required for masala except ginger and garlic. Add ginger, garlic at last and pulse for a few seconds.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions and curry leaves. Saute with a pinch of salt till they become translucent.
3. Now add the ground masala and saute till the raw smell goes off completely.
4. Add the cauliflower florets and green peas. Mix well.
5. Add salt and saute till they are cooked well. Sprinkle water in between if required.