Green Peas and Sweet Corn Pulao – Simple-to-make and aromatic pulao made with green peas and sweet corn.
Green Peas and Sweet Corn Pulao is a tasty pulao that is very simple to make. Being a one-pot dish, it makes weekdays cooking easier. Seeraga samba rice is used for this recipe but basmati rice may be used instead. I have added both green peas and sweet corn. You may prepare this using any one of these ingredients. As it is not too spicy, this may also be packed for kids lunch box. Serve this yummy green peas and sweet corn pulao with onion raita and enjoy this simple yet delicious pulao!
Green Peas and Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Rice varieties
Makes : 3-4 servings
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 20-25 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1 & 1/2 cup Seeraga Samba Rice / Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Green Chillies, slit
- 2″ piece Ginger
- 5 cloves Garlic
- A handful of Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1″ piece Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
1. Wash and soak the rice for 20 min. Peel the ginger, garlic and crush them together.
2. Heat oil + ghee in a pressure cooker. Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and fry for 2-3 seconds. Add the chopped onions and slit green chillies. Sprinkle some salt and saute till translucent.
3. Add a handful of mint leaves and crushed ginger garlic. Fry till there is no raw smell.
4. Add garam masala and fry for 1 min.
5. Add sweet corn kernels and green peas. Saute for 2 min.
6. Drain the water from the rice and add the rice to the pressure cooker, Mix everything well.
7. Add 2 cups of hot water and salt to taste. Mix well.
8. Pressure cook till 2 whistles. Reduce the flame and cook for 5 min over low flame. Switch off the stove. Wait till the pressure is released. Simple and flavorful sweet corn and green peas pulao is ready to be served! Serve with onion raita or cucumber raita.