It’s time for sweets to celebrate the festive season! If you are ready to experiment and try out some new flavors, how about this delicious and irresistible fresh green peas halwa? This recipe was in my to-try list for a long time and I was really happy to see a successful outcome. This is a great healthy choice to satisfy a sweet tooth. I got this beautiful green colour without using any food colours. The texture was good and the taste was really hard to resist. Try it to believe this 🙂 Have a happy and peas-ful diwali 🙂
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Sweets
Makes : 1 1/2 cups
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas/Frozen Peas
- 10 Whole Cashewnuts
- 1/2 cup Grated Khoa (Khoya/Mawa)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Ghee
1. Take the green peas and cashewnuts in a pan. Add water and boil till soft (You can pressure cook till 1 whistle). Grind to a coarse paste. You may grind it to a smooth paste. But coarse paste gives a good texture to this sweet.
2. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan or a non stick pan. Add the paste and saute on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Add khoa once the sugar melts. Mix well. Keep stirring till it blends well with the green peas paste.
5. Add milk and mix well.
6. Add the remaining ghee now and then. Halwa will start leaving the sides after a few minutes.
7. Keep stirring and switch off the flame when the ghee starts oozing out. Serve hot.