Haldiram Style Moong Dal – Crunchy and delicious haldiram style moong dal made with just 3 ingredients.
Haldiram Style Moong Dal recipe with video and step by step photos. I guess this snack needs no introduction. It requires just 3 ingredients to make this extremely addictive haldiram style moong dal at home. Moong dal is soaked, dried and deep fried in oil. You may also spice it up with red chilli powder or chaat masala powder. Here is the recipe to make delicious haldiram style moong dal !
Haldiram Style Moong Dal Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Snacks
Makes : 3/4 cup
Preparation Time : 4 – 4.30 hours
Cooking Time : 3-4 min for each batch
Click the below video to learn how to make haldiram style moong dal.
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
1. Wash the moong dal at least twice and drain the water.
2. Take the dal in a bowl and pour water till they are immersed.
3. Soak the dal for 3-4 hours.
4. Drain the water completely.
5. Spread the dal over a clean white cloth. Let it dry for 30 min – 1 hour, till there is no water. You may wipe the dal with a kitchen towel or clean white cloth to absorb the excess water.
6. The dal should be dry without any moisture.
7. Pour oil in a pan for frying.
8. Deep fry the dal in batches using a steel strainer. Stir in between. Steel strainer helps to take the fried dal out easily. It also helps to take the dal out quickly at the right time so that the dal doesn’t turn brown.
9. Fry till the sizzling sound stops.
10. Drain the dal on kitchen towel so that the excess oil is absorbed.
11. Sprinkle salt while the dal is still hot and mix well.
12. Store in an airtight container and enjoy! Crunchy and delicious homemade haldiram style moong dal is ready!