Healthy Broccoli Soup – A rich and creamy soup made with broccoli, onion, garlic and spices.
A rich and creamy soup is all that is needed to go along with toasts for a light yet filling breakfast. A bowl of this broccoli soup can do that job perfectly. Unfortunately many people do not like this vegetable that is said to have anti-cancer properties. You can include broccoli in the diet of such people in the guise of this soup. The buttery taste with small chunks of broccoli is utterly butterly delicious and will make them ask for more. Try this Healthy Broccoli Soup and let me know how it turned out for you!
Check out the recipe of Sweet Corn Soup.
Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe:
Cuisine : Fusion
Category : Soup
Serves : 3-4
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Onion
- 3 big cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Pepper Powder as required
- Salt as required
How to make Healthy Broccoli Soup?
1. Clean and cut the broccoli into florets. Chop the onion. Heat butter in a pressure cooker.
2. Add the broccoli florets, onion and garlic. Saute with 1/4 tsp salt for 2-3 minutes. Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste.
3. Pressure cook till 2 whistles. Strain the mixture. Reserve some broccoli pieces to add into the soup later. Transfer the remaining vegetables to a blender.
4. Blend till smooth and pour into the same pressure cooker. Add the strained water, milk, salt and pepper powder. Mix well. Add water again if required.
5. Add the reserved broccoli pieces. Mix well and heat. Serve hot!