Masala Pori – Crispy puffed rice snack flavored with coconut oil and other spices.
This snack is so quick and easy to make. Kids will definitely love this crispy puffed rice flavored with coconut oil and other spices. I have used broken red chilli for this recipe. You may used red chilli powder instead, for a spicier version. Here is the recipe of this easy masala pori!
Masala Pori Recipe:
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Snack
Makes : 3 servings
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 5-8 min
Click below to watch the video.
1 cup : 240 ml
- 2 cups Puffed Rice
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed with skin
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 broken Red Chilli or 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt as required
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add crushed garlic, curry leaves, broken red chilli / red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt.
2. Fry till the colour changes. Take care not to burn the spices.
3. Add the puffed rice.
4. Fry till the puffed rice becomes crispy. An easy-to-make, mildly-spiced and crispy masala pori is ready!