Mixed Fruit Jam – Made with fresh fruits, sugar and lemon juice, this homemade mixed fruit jam is delicious with no additives / artificial colours.
Mixed Fruit Jam recipe with step by step photos. Making jam at home is not as difficult as you may think. Mixed fruits, Sugar and lemon juice – all you need to make delicious mixed fruit jam ! It is as simple as the list of ingredients. Homemade jam is fresh, delicious with no additives / artificial colours. It stays good for 3 weeks if refrigerated and handled with care. Spread this mixed fruit jam over bread or roti and enjoy.
Mixed Fruit Jam Recipe:
Cuisine : Global
Category : Condiments
Makes : 3/4 cup (approx.)
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 25-30 min
- 1 medium size Apple
- 1 large Banana
- 5 segments of an Orange
- 5 seedless Black Grapes
- 1/2 Pear
- 1/2 cup Cubed Papaya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Water
1. Wash the fruits and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel. Peel, deseed and chop the fruits.
2. Put the apple and pear in water immediately after chopping. This is to prevent the fruits from changing colour due to oxidation. Peel and cut the banana just before you start cooking.
3. Take the chopped fruits in a saucepan.
4. Pour water and bring this to a boil.
5. Cover and cook till the fruits are well cooked and soft.
6. Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
7. Drain the excess water (You may drink this water as it contains a lot of nutrients).
8. Take the cooked fruits in a blender.
9. Blend till smooth.
10. Measure the fruit puree. I got 1 & 1/2 cups. For this quantity, I added 1/2 cup sugar. Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of the fruit puree.
11. Take the fruit puree in a clean and dry saucepan.
12. Now add the sugar.
13. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
14. We must be careful as the mixture splutters a lot initially. You may use a lid to hide but do not cover the pan with lid. If you cover the pan, water drips inside and makes the jam soggy.
15. Keep on stirring over medium flame. Stir often so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
16. If the mixture doesn’t flow when you take with a spoon, it has attained the jam consistency. It takes 25-30 min to reach this consistency.
17. Switch off the flame at this stage. The mixture will also thicken on cooling down.
18. Let the mixture cool down completely.
19. Store in a sterilized glass jar.
20. Delicious, preservative-free mixed fruit jam is ready! Spread this mixed fruit jam over bread or roti and serve.
21. This stays good for 3 weeks if refrigerated and handled with care.