Mushroom Milagu Pirattal preparation was featured on a cookery show(I forgot the name of the show and the channel!) about 12 years ago and I had noted down that recipe in my recipe diary. I always use mushrooms to prepare North Indian/Chinese style dishes. But this was a typical South Indian preparation and it drew my attention. It was easy to prepare and tasted excellent with rasam. Go ahead and grab a pack of mushroom from the store to try this delicacy! It will not disappoint you.
Cuisine : South Indian
Category : Side dish for rice/rotis
Serves : 2-3
Preparation Time : 5-10 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 sprig of Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 2 pinches of Asafoetida (optional)
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
1. Chop the onion. Clean and cut the mushrooms.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and wait till it splutters. Add the red chilli, chopped onions and curry leaves. Saute with a pinch of salt.
3. Cook till it turns brown. Add asafoetida and mix well. Now add the mushrooms. Add salt to taste.
4. Water oozes out of the mushrooms. Continue cooking till the water evaporates and the mushrooms are cooked.
5. Add the pepper powder.
6. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Now the delicious mushroom milagu pirattal is ready to be served!