Ragi Murungaikeerai Adai – Healthy adai made with ragi flour, drumstick leaves, onions, green chillies and ginger.
Ragi or finger millet is loaded with calcium, iron, fiber and hence it is highly nutritious. Drumstick leaves are rich in many essential nutrients and they are the most nutritious part of the plant. So it is an undeniable fact that the dish you make with these two super foods is healthy. Ragi murungaikeerai adai is one such dish that is a healthy and delicious combination of these two ingredients. Another special ingredient of this adai is ginger. With the addition of grated ginger, the adai gets a good taste and aroma. Make them just before you want to eat as they taste better when hot. This healthy ragi murungaikeerai adai can be enjoyed with coconut chutney!
Ragi Murungaikeerai Adai Recipe:
Cuisine : South Indian – Tamilnadu
Category : Breakfast / Dinner
Makes : 9
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 3-4 min for each adai
1 cup : 240 ml
- 2 cups Ragi Flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups Drumstick Leaves
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
1. Clean the drumstick leaves.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and allow it to crackle. Add chopped onions, chopped green chillies and grated ginger. Sprinkle some salt and saute till golden brown.
3. Add the drumstick leaves and saute till they wilt.
4. Add this to the ragi flour. Add some salt to taste. Mix everything well. Pour water and knead to make a sticky dough. If the dough is like that of chappathi dough, it will be difficult to pat the dough with our hands.
5. Make medium size balls. Take a ball and place on a greased banana leaf or greased butter paper. Apply oil in your hand and flatten the dough to make adai. It should be neither too thick nor too thin.
6. Invert this on a hot and greased dosa griddle and remove the butter paper gently. Cook both sides till done by adding a few drops of oil. Serve this healthy and delicious ragi murungaikeerai adai with coconut chutney!