Rainbow Uthappam – Colourful uthappam loaded with vegetables.
This is more of an idea than a recipe. This colourful rainbow uthappam is loaded with vegetables. Apart from being healthy, this uthappam is also a real treat to our eyes. Try this rainbow uthappam that is sure to be a hit with kids!
Rainbow Uthappam Recipe:
Cuisine : South Indian – Tamilnadu
Category : Breakfast / Dinner
Preparation Time : 10-15 min
Cooking Time : 3-4 min for 1 uthappam
- Dosa Batter
- Beetroot, grated
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
- Methi Leaves or Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- Carrot, grated
- Red Bell Pepper or Tomato, chopped
- Oil for greasing the pan
1. Ladle some dosa batter onto a hot and greased dosa pan.
2. Spread the batter slightly to make thick uthappam. Reduce the flame.
3. Top the uthappam first with methi leaves and yellow bell pepper at the centre to achieve symmetry.
4. Sprinkle chopped purple cabbage above methi leaves.
5. Sprinkle grated carrot below yellow bell pepper.
6. Cover the remaining portion on top with grated beetroot.
7. Cover the remaining portion at the bottom with chopped red bell pepper or tomatoes.
8. Make sure to cover all the white portions.
9. Cover and cook over low flame for 3-4 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked. Serve rainbow uthappam with sambar and any chutney of your choice.