Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup – A delicious and flavorful soup with a subtle smoky flavor, made with fire-roasted red bell pepper and seasoned with dried oregano, black pepper.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup is a delicious soup made with red bell peppers roasted over fire. These roasted peppers add a smoky flavor to this soup. Roasting takes around 10-15 min but it is well worth the effort. Another ingredient that enhances the flavor of this soup is celery. Seasoned with dried oregano and black pepper, this soup is a great choice to please your family members. A bowl of this soup is what you need for a cold evening. If you love soups, I am sure you will definitely love this Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup too.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup Recipe:
Cuisine : Continental
Category : Soups
Makes : 2 servings
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1 big Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 small Tomato, chopped
- 1 big stick Celery, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as required
1. Wash the red bell pepper and pat it dry with a clean towel. Apply oil on the red bell pepper and roast over medium flame (Use a fork to prick and hold the pepper while roasting). It took around 10 min for me to roast the pepper.
2. Roast till the skin turns black.
3. Put it in a bowl filled with cold water. Let it be for 2 min. Now it is easy to peel off the skin.
4. Remove the skin of the red bell pepper, wash, deseed and chop them roughly.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add the onion, tomato, celery and garlic. Sprinkle salt and saute for just 2 min.
6. Add 1 & 1/2 cups of water and cook them covered for 8-10 min.
7. Strain this mixture and reserve the liquid.
8. Take the cooked vegetables and roasted red bell pepper in a blender. Blend till smooth.
9. Pour this mixture into a pan. Add the reserved liquid, pepper powder and dried oregano. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed.
10. Mix well and heat the soup. Delicious and flavorful roasted red bell pepper soup is ready to be served!