Soups are something that I can have almost everyday. I guess I should have got this affinity for soups from my dad who loves soup more than any other food. Both of us can have any number of bowls of homemade soup and enjoy every sip of the fresh flavor. This creamy sweet corn soup is perfect for any occasion. It gets the rich and creamy taste from milk. The mild sweet taste and silky texture of this soup are sure to be a hit with kids. Serve this with a salad and bread toast for a wholesome meal.
Friends…Think twice before you take a pack of ready-made soup mixes from the super market. If you think they are good for your health as they are soups(???!!!), I am sorry to tell that you are wrong. These corn starch and additives loaded products with hidden sources of MSG can in no way be compared to the soups stirred up with fresh produce.
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Soups
Serves : 4
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 25-30 min
- 1 medium size Fresh corn
- 3 tbsp Chopped onion
- 2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- Water as required
- Salt as required
- Spring onions to garnish (optional)
1. Boil the corn. Remove the corn kernels and blend it to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute for a minute. Add the garlic and fry till the aroma comes.
3. Add the pureed corn, water and salt. Mix well. Add the milk and pepper powder.
4. Mix well. Switch off the flame once it starts to boil. Serve hot garnished with spring onions.