Sweet Corn Sundal – Sweet corn kernels are boiled and seasoned in south indian style. Grated coconut and lemon juice are added to enhance the flavor.
Sweet corn sundal is a healthy sundal that is very simple to prepare. It is prepared by seasoning boiled sweet corn kernels with mustard, urad dal and other spices. Grated coconut and lemon juice are added to enhance the flavor. It is a perfect healthy evening snack for kids. Try this simple and healthy sweet corn sundal and let me know how it turned out for you!
Check out the recipe of Sweet Corn Soup.
Sweet Corn Sundal Recipe:
Cuisine : South Indian – Tamilnadu
Category : Snacks
Makes : 3 servings
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
- 1 large Sweet Corn Cob
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 Red Chillies, broken
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
1. Take the corn kernels off the cob. Cook in boiling water till soft and drain the water. Sweet corn kernels shrink a little when cooked with salt. Cook them without salt to get plump and juicy kernels.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Season with the ingredients required for seasoning.
3. Add the cooked sweet corn kernels, salt and grated coconut.
4. Mix well and switch off the stove. Add lemon juice.
5. Mix well before serving. A healthy sweet corn sundal is ready to be served!