Tofu and Bell Pepper Salad – A healthy salad that is crunchy, chewy and rich in proteins, antioxidants and vitamin C.
Just a bowl of salad is enough to satisfy the mid morning hunger. They are easy to make and healthy to eat. Tofu and Bell Pepper Salad is a crunchy and chewy salad tossed in a dressing with dill leaves. The unique flavor of dill leaves can be enjoyed in every bite. You can also wrap this salad in a roti for a light breakfast or dinner. The most important factor contributing to the taste of a salad is the dressing. The dressing used for this salad is tangy, pungent, mildly sweet and spiced up with pepper. The addition of dill leaves imparts a unique flavor. Coriander leaves can be substituted for dill leaves. Give this recipe a try and share your thoughts!
Tofu and Bell Pepper Salad Recipe:
Cuisine : Asian
Category : Salad
Makes : 2 Servings
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 5 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 1/2 cup Cubed Tofu (I used extra firm tofu)
- 1/2 cup Cubed Bell Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow & Orange)
- 1 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Chopped Dill Leaves / Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
1. Press the tofu slightly between your palms to squeeze out the excess water. Toast all the sides slightly on a greased tava. Toasting is optional. You can skip this step if you don’t want.
2. Cube the tofu. Put the cubed bell peppers in hot water for a minute and take them out.
3. Take dark soya sauce, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper powder in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Add chopped dill / coriander leaves and mix.
5. Add the cubed bell peppers and tofu. Mix everything carefully without breaking the tofu. Keep it aside for atleast 15 minutes so that it absorbs the spices. A healthy protein, vitamin C and antioxidant rich Tofu and Bell Pepper Salad is ready to be served!