Veg Cheese Burger – Homemade veggie patties with slices of fresh vegetables and cheese, stacked between burger buns.
Burgers are undeniably one of the favourite snacks of kids. It is no big deal to make burgers at home. Burgers bought from bakeries will never be able to match the homemade burgers. This Veg Cheese Burger is very simple and easy to assemble. The only part demanding effort is that of making the patties but it is not as hard as you imagine. All a burger needs are burger buns, a vegetable patty, any sandwich spread, a slice of cheese and a few slices of fresh vegetables. Just stack the ingredients between the burger buns and serve! It is as simple as that.
This is also a great way to sneak some veggies into your kids’ snack. After preparing burgers hygenically at home with fresh and carefully chosen ingredients, you will definitely want to stop buying from outside. Try this Veg Cheese Burger that is sure to be a hit with kids and enjoy an interesting medley of flavors with each bite.
Veg Cheese Burger Recipe
Cuisine : Indo-American
Category : Snacks
Serves : 2
Preparation Time : 30-40 min
Cooking Time : 10 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 2 Burger Buns
- 4 slices of Onion
- 6 slices of Tomato
- A few Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Cheese Slices
- Ranch dressing (for spreading) – Check ‘Notes’
For Vegetable Patties:
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 1 small Carrot
- 6 French Beans
- A handful of Green Peas
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 4 or 5 White Bread Slices
- 3 tbsp Maida
- Salt as required
Making Vegetable Patties:
1. Boil the potatoes, carrot, french beans and green peas. You can either steam or pressure cook the vegetables. Spread them in a plate and let it dry for 10 minutes. If you mash it while it is hot, the mixture becomes soggy.
2. Mix maida with water to make a paste that is not too thick. Keep it aside.
3. Take the bread pieces in a mixer grinder and pulse it to make bread crumbs.
4. Now mash the vegetables.
5. Add red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and bread crumbs. Mix well. You can add more bread crumbs to tighten the mixture if it is still soggy.
6. Make patties that are of the same size as your burger buns.
7. Dip the patties in the maida paste.
8. Coat them with bread crumbs.
9. Shallow fry the patties in oil till both sides become golden brown.
Assembling the Burger:
1. Take the burger buns and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Apply butter on the inner side of the two halves of the burger buns. Toast on a hot tawa till light brown.
3. Apply ranch dressing (or any sandwich spread) generously on the lower half of the burger bun (toasted side).
4. Place some lettuce leaves.
5. Keep the vegetable patty on top of the lettuce leaves.
6. Place a slice of cheese, tomato slices and onion slices one above the other.
7. Keep some more lettuce leaves on top.
8. Apply ranch dressing (or any sandwich spread) generously on the upper half of the burger bun (toasted side).
9. Close the burger with the upper half. You can insert a tooth pick to hold all the layers together. Now absolutely delicious Veg Cheese Burger is ready to be enjoyed. Serve immediately!