Vegetable Cutlet – A perfect blend of vegetables and spices, this appetizer is crispy outside and soft inside.
Who really cares for calories, when a plate of hot cutlets with sauces for accompaniment is served! A perfect blend of vegetables and Indian spices, this appetizer with crispy outer and soft inner part adds flavors to your party mood. Preparing good and yummy cutlets is usually not as hard as it appears. The cutlet mixture can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. Be sure to check the notes for useful tips. This is the basic cutlet recipe. You can make cutlets with any suitable vegetable of your choice.
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Snacks / Appetizers
Makes : 10
Preparation Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 25-30 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 3 Big potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped and boiled vegetables (carrot, beans, green peas etc)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp Maida
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
How to make Vegetable Cutlet? (Stepwise pictures will be posted soon)
1. Boil the potatoes. Peel the skin and mash it well.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions. Saute with a pinch of salt till they turn golden brown.
3. Add the garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
4. Now add the red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Saute till the raw smell disappears.
5. Switch off the flame. Add the boiled vegetables, mashed potatoes and salt.
6. Mix well and make any desired shapes. Keep it aside.
7. Take maida in a bowl. Add 2 pinches of salt and water to make a batter. This batter should neither be thick nor thin. If should have the consistency of idli batter.
8. Dip the cutlets in the maida batter and roll over the bread crumbs.
9. Deep fry in hot oil and serve.