These days fried rice has become synonymous with unhealthy food. We are cautioned against eating unhygienically prepared fried rice at the roadside stalls. But this can be prepared as healthy as possible at home without having to compromise on taste. This is my simple version of the globally popular Chinese Fried Rice. Fresh vegetables and spices are cooked over high heat and tossed with perfectly cooked rice. I do not use MSG in my cooking and this is no exception. Here goes the recipe for this easy fried rice!
Cuisine : Indo Chinese
Category : Main course – Rice
Serves : 2
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 5-10 min
- 2 cups Cooked basmati rice
- 1 small Carrot
- 10 French beans
- 1 small Capsicum
- 2 stalks Spring onions
- 3 big cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp White vinegar (optional ; I didn’t use here)
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp Oil
Directions: (Stepwise pictures will be uploaded soon)
1. Dice the carrot and capsicum. Chop the french beans and garlic. Chop the white and green portions of the spring onions separately.
2. Heat oil in a pan with a broad base. Add the chopped white portion of the spring onion. Increase the flame and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add the chopped garlic and stir well.
4. Add the chopped vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the salt, pepper powder, white vinegar(optional) and soya sauce. Stir fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the boiled rice and stir fry for 2 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions green and serve hot!