Vendaikkai Mor Kuzhambu – A delicious curry made with okra and spiced buttermilk as the main ingredients.
With the onset of summer here, I am all set for our summer diet. Salads, fresh fruit juices, vegetable juices, buttermilk, neeragaram and varieties of raita are common in my kitchen during summer. Mor kuzhambu is a true comfort food that is perfect for lunch these days. I have always been fascinated by the combination of white and green in food. So this time I wanted to try a mor kuzhambu with these shades of colour. I didn’t use any ingredients like red chillies, turmeric powder, chana dal / besan flour that could change the colour. I used okra as the main vegetable, green chillies & curry leaves for seasoning, coriander leaves for garnishing and rice flour for thickening. The curry was slurp-worthy and looked beautiful. The ingredients complemented each other so well that I wanted to keep this recipe documented in recibrary. Here is how I prepared this vendaikkai mor kuzhambu.
Check out these recipes at Recibrary!
Easy Mor Kuzhambhu
Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili | Cluster Beans Paruppu Usili
Cauliflower Pepper Fry
Vendaikkai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe:
Cuisine : South Indian – Tamilnadu
Category : Curries for rice
Makes : 4 servings
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 10-15 min
1 cup : 240 ml
- 4 Okra (Lady Finger), cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 Green Chillies, slit
- 1 & 1/2 cups Thick Curd
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 2 sprigs of Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Salt as required
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Rice Flour or 2 tsp Raw Rice
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
1. Grind all the ingredients required for grinding to a smooth paste, by adding a little water. If you are using raw rice instead of rice flour, wash and soak the rice for at least 30 min.
2. Beat the curd till there are no lumps. Add 1 & 1/2 cups of water and dilute the curd. Add the ground paste, asafoetida and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Season with the ingredients required.
4. Add the okra pieces, curry leaves and slit green chillies. Sprinkle some salt and saute till the okra is fried.
5. Add the curd mixture and mix well.
6. Switch off the stove once it starts boiling. Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander leaves. Serve this delicious vendaikkai mor kuzhambu with steamed rice and cluster beans paruppu usili.